Creating a website today is not as big of a deal as it used to be 10 years ago. There are several platforms and pre made themes to choose from. WordPress is the most common CMS available in the market today. With the click of a button you can install a theme and post your content. It is a viable solution for anyone that isn’t a techie but at the same time it is customized and utilized by many advanced web masters.
Investment for website designing, developing and hosting goes ashtray if no visitor is there. ROI can be realized only when you start to convert your visitors into customers. However, the first step is nothing but to increase traffic. Targeted traffic leads to conversions, which are the ultimate goal of every web master.
The biggest underlying pre-requisite of driving traffic is hosting a website effectively. Besides, people love to visit quality websites and they generally come back to the website only if it offers a quality solution.
Organic SEO Techniques
Everyone and their dog is trying to rank their website today. Your success is embedded in how good you are relative to your competitors. SEO rankings go a long way in establishing your website. The most common techniques are mentioned below:
- Post only relevant content to your website. Don’t forget to incorporate relevant Meta keywords and tags. Be sure, your tags and keywords are highly visited. Google insight can be a great help in this regard.
- Stop changing your URL frequently. Even redirecting from your old URL to a new one can harm your traffic. Though, it’s not always possible. However, it’s always better to avoid change of URL as and when it feasible.
- Keep a distance from old, duplicate content. Try ignoring your old concepts of content. Post only fresh, new and authoritative content which offers better users’ experience.
- Bin all flash and animated intro on web page. Practically speaking, it irks visitors and search engine bots never read them. Thus, it has no use.
- Select your Meta keywords wisely and incorporate them in the body of your web page content.
- Push yourself to get some reputed links to your website. Traffic flocks in via these links.
- Include a site map for the convenience of the search engine crawling.
- Be specific about the write up. Try including all the keywords be more specific. For example, instead of “baby sitter”, try to write “baby sitter Texas”. It meets the requirement of the users and drives relevant traffic.
- Add page descriptions. It’s vital both for readers and search engines too. It informs them what exactly they are going to read.
- Stay up to date with best SEO practices and algorithm changes. Revenue generation becomes much easier when you know how SERPs bots, crawl and rank websites.
Other than these free or organic SEO techniques, there are many paid ways to increase traffic. However, most of them are expensive and impact your campaign only when you promote or advertise. These techniques are the basics and bring in permanent results. Moreover, all paid ads and promotions become fruitful only when these things are executed properly. You can’t spell a word, without knowing alphabets. The relation between organic and paid marketing is nearly the same.
— webpossessor (@webpossessor) March 26, 2014
You can also use social media to promote your website. You can run targeted ads or engage your users through relevant groups and pages. The key is to provide a solution to their problems. Always think of yourself as a problem solver before anything else. If you provide useful content and solve people’s problems, then money will naturally follow.
About the author:
Kristel is the content manager at Keen Website Design in Malta. Her passion lies in creating awesome content that is evergreen and loved by all demographic. If she is not working, Kristel loves to take short holidays with her family