This recipe came from a friend of mine. Its makes a beautifully moist, zingy, light cake!
Easy peasy lemon squeezy cake!
6oz Self Raising Flour
4 oz Softened Butter
1 Tsp Baking Powder
6oz Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs (Free Range)
6 Tbsp Milk
Finely grated rind of a large unwaxed lemon + juice from one lemon (or to taste)
Juice of a large lemon
4oz Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 �C/gas mark 4.
2. Tip all cake ingredients into large mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes; mixture will drop easily off spoon.
3. Spoon mixture into tin and smooth with back of spoon. I use an oblong tin which measures 9″ x 8″, lined with baking parchment. You could also use a round tin.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden & firm to the touch.
5. Beat together icing ingredients and pour over the cake while it is still HOT.
6. Cool in tin & slice.
I made this with lemon butter icing instead of the icing suggested above.
I was really surprised just how yummy this cake is given how simple the recipe is.
Definitely one to try!Share on Facebook